For users who have their remote applications installed to their desktop as icons/shortcuts, you can follow these steps to refresh the icons if you are given access to a new application.
1. Click the Start button at the bottom-left of your desktop
2. Type 'RemoteApp' (all one word without the quotes) to search for the remote application settings
3. Click on 'RemoteApp and Desktop Connections'
4. Click on Properties
5. Click the Update Now button, enter your credentials if asked, the click Finish
6. Click Ok to return to the previous screen
7. Click the 'View Resources' link below the Properties button
8. Drag/Drop the appropriate icons to your desktop